Friday, November 7, 2008

I tried...

I love things no one else has. For example I have one of a kind almost everything because I make things myself or personalize something I already have. My new thing is making my own purses. I've made like 7 so far. They're not fantastic yet but I'm working on it! My ideas usually begin to web and grow. It all started by making my own jewelery this summer. Then I needed a new purse to go with my jewelery. And on and on.....soooo
I'm excited to go to a wedding tomorrow! I went to the local fabric and craft store by my house and purchased a pattern and all the goodies to make a dress. Me, being the picky and motivated individual that I am, decided a dress from the store wasn't going to be good enough for me to wear to the wedding. I shopped around the past couple of weeks and the only things they had in my size were hideous Mumu's. Totally not my style (and they still didn't fit me). I HAD to make a dress for the wedding that no one owned or could ever find.
Anyway...
I got all my supplies together and it felt like the first day of school. You know, when you get all your schools supplies together and put them all in your backpack but know you won't use it all but have to bring it. I had a super cheesey grin on my face the whole time cutting out my pieces and following directions. I had my sewing machine set up and my bobbin made. I was ready to go! Wrong. It's all jacked up and won't sew. Here I am, all cute, ready to get my creative juices flowing, and then bang-bang-bang shot down.
Today's the day before the wedding. My mom felt so bad for me when she saw me get excited, put forth good effort towards getting this fabulous dress made, and then get instantly pouty faced. I was even threatening to sew this dress by hand. Mom wasn't having it. She forced me to take $100 from her and buy a new dress. She didn't have to tell me twice. I was out the door! I went to the Mall of America with high hopes. I found a million dresses (ok 9)to try on and I loved almost all of them. In the end I found a dress, not one of a kind, but it's a new dress. Funny how things work out from Mumu to fabu.

2 comments:

Derek said...

I have to ask, How long have you known about this wedding? Putting things off till the last minute are we! jk
I think its cool that you can make things like purses and jewelry! You should still try to Make That dress im curious how it will come out.
I need the 100 dollars!!!! Didn't you read my Tire Story? I no rich no more :(

Danielle said...

I want to see the dress! You need to put a picture up :-)